From the article:
If you stopped sending these press releases tomorrow:
- You would be forced to build relationships with journalists instead of blasting them with impersonal, terrible press releases.
- You would be forced to learn what each journalist you deal with actually covers.
- You would be forced to understand each journalist’s audience.
- You would actually need to customize your pitches for each audience — is there a downside to this?
- You would communicate far more with journalists personally — by phone and email — as you present your story.